Publication: Mar 2014
Extent: 288 pages
Size: 140mm x 215mm
people - places - food
A Cultural Guide
ed. by Cheryl Robson
• Essential guide for any culture-conscious travellers hoping to make the most of their trip to Provence.
• Bypass standard tourist guides and enhance your holiday with this in-depth study of a region rich with artistic heritage.
• An artistic and literary guide to the places artists and celebrities frequent, with background info covering everything from Occitan literature to French hip-hop, or the founders of Modern Art to the glitz and glam of St Tropez.
• Authentic local recipes to give you the taste of Provence
• Full colour photos throughout
From the breathtaking heights of the Luberon, to the azure blue of the
Mediterranean coast, delight in the sight and scents of the lavender,
of pine trees wafting on the breeze and the taste of fruity wine and
Artists, painters, writers and discerning travellers from royalty to rock
stars have long been attracted by the region's bright light, perfect
climate and joie de vivre.
Take the road less travelled as you find out more about the
extraordinary range of places and people who've found inspiration in
the mountains and valleys, rocky coves and verdant islands.
Editor: Cheryl Robson has owned a home in Provence for over 20 years and has a wealth of knowledge about the region. She has edited dozens of books including THE ARAB-ISRAELI COOKBOOK: RECIPES which was awarded BEST INNOVATIVE COOKBOOK 2004 AND A SPECIAL JURY PRIZE FOR PEACE from Gourmand.
Wine and Food section: Anna Laura Festa
Researchers: Martin N Gilbert and Simon Smith